How to fix ‘file xxxx.ost is not an offline folder file’ in Outlook?
As we all know that Outlook uses OST and PST to store important information. And OST file is used to store mailbox data that is used when the Outlook is in offline mode. It holds key information and allows users to access valuable information while there is no internet connection. And when the connection is available it will smoothly switch to PST and synchronize the data on the exchange server without affecting the working.
But the corruption in the Outlook OST files leads to the anomaly that interrupts the synchronization process and the user is not able to access the information on the OST file. That is when the users encounter this kind of error on their Outlook.
There can be many reasons for this kind of problem in the Outlook OST files and here are the important ones.
- Damaged or corrupted OST file is not recognized by the Outlook.
- The outlook is used with an exchange server and if the exchange is not able to access the mailbox information then an error will occur.
Well, there can be various solutions to this type of problem in Outlook, and here is the list. Please follow all the resolutions and see which one suits your needs and fits for the scenario.
Resolution of the Error
There are many methods to solve this kind of problem with your computer, let’s have a look at the best ones.
Verify the File information –Well, you may have to locate the damaged file and check whether the same file is causing the error. If that is the case, then you may have to remove that file and start building a new one by connecting to the exchange server.
- First, you need to locate the OST file and look for the damaged file.
- Now, rename the damaged OST and then connect the Outlook with the internet.
- Now, check if the Outlook is working or not. If it is working then your error is resolved. If not, then you may have to look for another solution.
You may also need to verify the hardware stability because sometimes inconsistent hardware can also cause problems in various programs. The other solution for this type of problem is that you can delete and recreate the existing Outlook profile. But this method will delete all the data that is present on your computer. So, it is not a recommended solution by the experts.
Converter –Well, whenever you are facing corruption in the OST file, you need to look for OST to PST converter. Yes, OST to PST converter is one of the best tools available that can help you resolve many errors without deleting the Outlook profile.
Shoviv OST to PST Converter tool is the best one available in the market and no one can match it. It is developed by an expert team of professionals and the tool aims to please the users and provide the necessary functionalities.
Shoviv OST to PST Converter Features
- Convert OST file to PST file
- Recover data items from damaged OST mailbox
- Convert OST file to Office 365 and live exchange server
- Migrate large OST file to Outlook PST file.
- The software convert to multiple email formats like EML, MSG, RTF, and HTML
- Free trial demo version is available
Shoviv OST to PST converter tool is filled with features that are not generally available in third-party tools. The OST to PST converter tool provides a demo version that can be used to open and recover the first 50 items per folder. Once you are satisfied with the features of the tool, you can go ahead and buy the full version.
It is a reliable OST to PST converter tool that instantly fixes all the errors in your Outlook and recovers the information with total accuracy. This software also allows you to convert the OST files to many different file formats. So, you need to login to the official shoviv.com website and look for the OST to PST converter and try it.
So, this is how you can fix the OST file error in Outlook with ease. Go with the method that suits your needs and requirements.