This is an era which is dominated by smartphones and mobile applications. For this rightful reason, brands/businesses across the globe are launching their own application just to promote their products and services.
Since every other organisation is planning on making their applications, the question that has been haunting them is the cost they have to pay to turn their idea into reality.
Every single commodity out there has a price tag, and when it comes down to mobile app development companies, the price tag seems to be quite expensive. So it would be right to say that the cost for application development “depends” on exactly what kind of business venture you are indulged in.
If you are planning on making an application, then there are two questions you’d have to find answers to; “how much does it cost to make an app? And what does the price depends upon? Though you can find answers to these questions on the internet, we decided to keep things simple. So, to help you out in the best possible way, we’ve provided every possible aspect that needs to be determined while making an app in 2020.
Major aspects that decide the cost for app development
- The costs of mobile apps are largely based on complexity, features, and platform.
- – Ecommerce integration (basics, advanced or enterprise)
- – Apps with back-end maintenance will almost always cost more.
- – Simple apps for one platform will start around $25,000.
- – More complex apps cost six figures but can push up over $100,000.
- – Cost of an app also vary on extra features, Type of Mobile API and CRM integrations
- – Don’t overlook to budget for marketing, updates, and other costs.
- The app development cost depends on the following aspects:
- – Type of the app- mobile game, business, and social networking, etc
- – Number of Screens
- – CRM integrations
- – Platforms -iOS, Android, Windows Phone, etc.
- – Design (basic, individual, custom)
- – Features & infrastructure
How much does it cost to outsource app development?
In a world full of chaos, the whole concept of in house app development doesn’t seem to fit the likeliness of brands and startups in general. Since nobody wants to go overboard with their spending, the need for outsourcing development has become a go to way of making an app. The reason being, outsourcing a project doesn’t cost that much when compared to hiring an in-house team of developers.
By choosing outsourcing as your mode of development, you’ll get access to a wide range of quality talent. But that doesn’t mean it is flawless, like any other service it does have some downsides which we took the liberty of enlisting down below:
- Language barrier between the teams
- Time zone differences
- And work culture differences
However, that doesn’t mean one should avoid outsourcing. You’d be surprised to know that many startups and businesses have now become a full fledged brand as they successfully outsourced app development. Following are some of those startups which you must have come across in your life:
The cost for app development also depends upon the region you are choosing for outsourcing.
- South American app developers charge $25 to $120 per hour for Android/iOS mobile app development.
- Android app development Companies in Muscat charge $35 to $175 an hour for Android/iOS mobile app development
- Eastern European mobile app developers charge $20 up to $110 per hour.
- Developers in India charge $10-75
- North America is considered to be the most costly region for Android/iOS mobile app development. The average companies’ charge $20 to $250 per hour.
- Australian companies develop mobile applications at a rate of $35-150 per hour.
Following awesome average cost breakdown of the most popular mobile apps which work checking out, as you might get a rough idea on how much you are likely to spend.
- An app like Starbucks will cost you around $70, 000-$100,000.
- An app like Airbnb will cost around $140,000-$200,000.
- Photo sharing app like Instagram will cost you $120,000-$150,000.
- An e-commerce application is proven to be quiet expensive as it cost around $200,000-$250,000.
Why you should outsource your mobile app development?
The number one business why businesses choose outsourcing as their mode of development is the fact that it is inexpensive. Outsourcing is proved to be quiet affordable when compared to hiring a full time in house team of developers who will do the same job. So, if you are a startup then outsourcing your mobile app development would be the best thing to do.
- No long term commitments
We all can agree to the fact that hiring and firing full-time employees is quite a hefty as you have invested energy and money e in finding those developers. But in terms of outsourcing, there are no long term commitments whatsoever as you are in full control of your spendings and working tenure.
- Unlimited access to global talent
With outsourcing you will get the best global talent which you won’t find by hiring full time in-house app developers. Concisely, you’ll get a wide range of choices to outsource mobile app development irrespective of the platform you are willing to work on.
Time and money issues
That you came this far in this article, you should be aware of the fact that not all mobile applications are equal. And that inequality is not only platform relates, sometimes it is the purpose these apps will be serving.
Other than its purpose, the cost depends upon the time taken in iOS and Android app development. To be more concise, following are some of the classifications we have made based upon the time.
- A basic application with simple functionality requires approximately 500-700 hours on development.
- An app with medium complexity takes about 700-1000 hours.
- A complex and time consuming application will take about 1200 hours in development.
Being quite a complicated task in itself, app development requires expertise and professionals. So, if you are planning on making an app then relying on a trustworthy app development company could be the best thing to do.